Sunday, September 17, 2006

The things I was going to do and the things I actually did do.

It's 2:15 AM. I'm not extremely tired, but this is bad news for Monday. I'll be tired Monday. But as for today...

I woke up and showered and asked more people to join my group for Lauren's homecoming stuff. I think we're up to 19 members now, including Brandon. I planned to go Target, the library, maybe read, maybe Apple store, and maybe FAO Shwartz. Well, I got a knock on my door and it was a friend named Amie. She wanted to go to Coney Island but, ended up going with me to Target. On the way there, there was a street fair! It was great; we bought pashminas for $5. Then we went to Target. New, bigger, closer Target in the Bronx. I spent $40 on food and John Mayer CD. No Chris Thile CD in a Target where half of the selection is Lation music. Ah, well. I got back around 5:00, too late for the library, so I cleaned and listened to music. I was going to watch a movie with Samantha and Caleb and friend, Shannon, from WI who lives here. I was going to cook dinner. But instead, I ended up going to a restaurant called S'mac with about seven Belmont people. All they serve is mac and cheese...I got four cheese with spinach and garlic. Then we went to a winebar called Winebar in a sweet part of the city. I tried learning a little about wine and ended up getting a glass of torte de tora maybe? I don't know, something medium and red. Mom and dad would have liked it. Afterwards we got on the train that was running backwards because of construction and accidentally went to Brooklyn. Thing is, the train was so packed, we all got on separate cars. My car happened to be absolutely crazy and innappropriate. I'll tell you about it if you ask. Thankfully, we were all smart enough to get off and find each other and say "WE ARE IN BROOKLYN. Wups." We got back eventually, and I put some cookie dough in the oven. I actually dropped the cookies in the oven, but that was alright. Best way to end the day, I think.

I just wish my weekends were longer because I like them. I am determined to use every weekend up since all of my other time is spent working. I suppose it's a good way to "ration" the city but, this city just needs no rationing.

Anyway I'm going to get ready for bed. Peace, y'all.

0 comments: