Sunday, September 17, 2006

Good day, good night.

Wow. I just got an intense craving for cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster. I don't know what to do about this; there is, in fact, nothing I can do. Man.

Well I thought I was going to church this evening, but Samantha called this morning and said, "Hey, are you going to Forefront?" which is the church I wanted to go to last week, she happened to want to check it out, too. Caleb was working. So I got up and ran out the door, practically. No time for shower. I got there 15 minutes late. Not bad, but missed worship. Everything else was pretty good, I guess. The sermon was a little simple, maybe, but sometimes I need simple. It was good stuff for me to hear at this moment. I've been very convicted lately about things in my life or perhaps the way I am living my life and thinking day-to-day. It's all stuff that sort of snuck up on me, I didn't realize it was bringing me down. And it's all simple things you'd think I would know but now I'm seeing them in new light. I am sad to say it will take time and persistence to effectively change these things and I am constantly having to tell myself "stop" with every other thought. If you will, I would appreciate prayers in the direction of...knowing exactly when I am being tested and having the strength to get through the big and small battles. This is more of a "shaping my character" struggle than "Oh Lord, this girl shouldn't be left by herself" struggle.

And yes, moving on. After church we went, where else, to a bar. I mean come on, y'all know me, that shouldn't be a surprise. There was a great sports bar in Times Square but the game Caleb wanted to watch wasn't on. So we went to one closer to where I live and watched all kindsa football and ate everything fried. Giants fans are loud. I walked out of there with throbbing ears.

Then I came back home and put on shorts and a t-shirt and TENNIS SHOES. Love those. Took a book and walked to Central Park. Before that I walked down 96th to check out where family might stay. I cannot figure out Central Park. It is such a maze, and I had a map. Somehow I ended up at the gates of the Garden Conservatory...right as they were closing. Nice. That's when I called Lauren but the girl ignores me. I swear, after all I do. So called mom to hear about Lauren's homecoming court dress. She will be beautiful....I WANT TO BE THERE. I'm growling right now because I am mad. So I just walked around and talked to mom, then came back and read a little for school. A book called "So You Wanna Be a Rock 'N' Roll Star" written by the drummer of Semisonic. It's good! I like it. How's that for a text book title? To think, sometimes I doubt that my life is wonderful.

Well it's a new week. I'm hoping to go for a walk/run in the morning, but I'm up later than I thought I'd be. We'll see. I'm excited a little for this week because something fun might happen Tuesday, and I'll tell you if it does. In fact, I will also show you, if it does. Ok. Bye!

0 comments: