Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The leaves, they are(n't) a changin.

Tuesday!

School 9-12:15; Internship 1-6; School 7-9:30. I decided I really wanted to buy Chris Thile and John Mayer's albums today after a listen on itunes. I found the nearest Borders, about a 15 minute walk from my internship, expecting to pay the online prices, total amount $23...not bad. It would have cost $32 in the store! I bought a nice dinner of really amazing fresh fruit and a brownie instead.

I got accused of being the type of person who goes for the albums that only ship one copy to the store when its released (Chris Thile, they couldn't find it) instead of the album that comes by the truck loads. That's who the sales clerk thought I was. But I'm not really...she didn't know I wanted to buy John Mayer, too. I'm sure that would have lowered my cool music snob factor.

I have a fun new project at Cherry Lane! I'm making a schedule of the fall lineup for all the TV stations. It will require me to watch promos and do research on the shows, then write out descriptions and ideas for the type of music we should pitch to them. I'm excited; I'll be working on it the next two days and it will give me some good practice, let me be creative to an extent, and get me in a habit of making music sonomous with other media. My only worry so far is that I think I might want to be a part of the creative process before the music is actually done. And also possibly go on tour or something. I just don't know...

The more I hear bad writers, and the more I hear good ones, the more I just want to write all the time.

We had a great speaker tonight in record company operations. He manages all the big acts that are signed with Cherry Lane; Black Eyed Peas, Will.i.am, Fergie, John Legend. He also managed Meatloaf and The Fugees. Pretty sweet! His job sounds super stressful but so fun. He was refreshing because he is interested in real talent, not the money makers. Think about it...Meatloaf? He takes risks, it's nice.

It was almost cold today. That's fine, as long as the leaves are changing, but they aren't yet. Looks like 80's for the weekend, though...I'll be in Central Park.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading all about you day!