Saturday, September 16, 2006

Royal!

See if you can imagine this:

I was sitting in the subway waiting for the next train, sort of zoning out, thinking about God and how I wish I could be consistently good. There were two trains going by in front of me, incredibly loud and frantic, then as soon as they passed it was silent, despite the many people waiting around me. Then almost immediately a horn began playing, very slowly, "Amazing Grace". And then, my world just stopped. The man playing was two tracks over from me and hidden by a pillar. I saw the end of the rusted silver horn he was playing on, but didn't recognize the instrument. I just sat there, looking at nothing, wanting to cry, but I'm fine with the fact that I couldn't. It was beautiful and everything was perfect. The next train didn't fly by until the last note finished. I happened to see the man for just a second after he finished. He threw his head back, he was Asian...I wondered if he loved Jesus, and I hoped he did. Then I wondered if he knew how Jesus had used him, despite this man's love or lack-thereof, to reach out to me. I think that's good stuff.

My supervisor brought me up in a meeting today. I jumped and got nervous when she said my name, but she told everyone about my TV project and how it was really good. Everyone seemed impressed and I was happy!

LAUREN IS ON HOMECOMING COURT! Awwww yeah. My sister, the queen. I would rather be home for that than almost any major holiday. If you want to support her, you can join my facebook group =)

Our class saw Kate Taylor, James' sister, in concert tonight. She was very nice and played some pretty good music. And she's related to music royalty, so that's cool.

Still, the rain sort of put a lull in the day. I've decided if I ever know anyone that's moving to New York and I can afford it, I am buying them the most expensive (if it's the best) umbrella I can find so it won't pop inside out or tear, some rain boots, and a rain coat. That's all you need, really.

Tomorrow this city is mine....rain or shine.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for being so excited for me, i love you a looooot