Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BMS: Roasted Veggies and Chocolate Caramel Popcorn

I have an idea. I'm thinking of combining my blogs instead of trying to keep up with the two. I'd like to make BMS (and yes, I did just google "BMS" to make sure it didn't stand for anything embarrassing) more of a feature for now since I haven't had much time to cook interesting things lately. Here goes.



Roasted veggies!




I mixed these yummy things (broccoli, carrots, asparagus, garlic, onions) with some dry white wine, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and herbs. Put 'em in the oven for about 30 minutes at 450 and they turned into this:




I like asparagus. They are like green french fries. Uhh. The broccoli really soaked up the mixture nicely, maybe next time I will close up the foil to let the flavors get stronger. I just like that charred stuff that I hear is a cancer causing agent. Oh well. The vitamins in the vegetables will cancel it out!



And just for fun...




I made this caramel popcorn (took the advice of reviewers and cut butter from one stick to half a stick - believe me, you won't notice) with some chocolate drizzle a few weeks ago. DO IT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll try the veggies, but probably leave out the "green french fries". We're just not big fans. And the popcorn! yes!

Mom

Christine said...

Love those roasted veggies! I should probably make those BEFORE the popcorn.