Friday, March 06, 2009

And then there were three...!

So I've come to realize that list down there is a bit daunting. Yikes.

Two things I'm doing good at: my progress in reading the Bible in a year (I am zipping through Numbers!) and memorizing verses. This week I'm focusing on a verse we may have heard many times and one that our pastor, Zac, used as a cornerstone in his message last Sunday:

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives you life has set you free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:1-2

This verse is such and important basis for my Christian life and one that I should always, always have in my heart. I'm excited to accumulate all this good stuff. At the end of 1001 days I suspect I'll have 100 post-its with my memory verses stuffed in a journal somewhere. I've got it here on computer screen at work and once I buy a new mirror for my new room tomorrow, I'll put them there, too.

That's right! New room! As of tomorrow I'll have occupied every room in my perfect little apartment. Today, my wonderful (and sadly temporary) roommate is flying off to Scotland to get married where she spent her first 13 years. She was only with us about five months, but she was a super roommate and I loved sharing a room with her.

So now it's just me, Alison, and Kate. And we're keeping it that way. We are moving on up, folks! Three people in a three bedroom apartment...it's the way things were meant to be. I'm moving because Kate has a greater need for the big room than I do, but I'm excited for the change.

And I am celebrating tomorrow by spending my morning in the heaven that is IKEA. It's just a 10 minute free bus ride from me, so I'll be there when the doors open to try to beat the Brooklyn crowds.

Per the usual, I'll probably post photos of my new digs eventually. Until then...peace out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, I can comment now! Can't wait to see pics of your new room.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Loved the snow picture! Grandma L.