Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A few of my favorite things...

There are some things that I do not like in New York. Like moving. And how it takes weeks. But there are other things...

Two days ago I had my groceries delievered to me. Yes. Rang the doorbell and carried the whole thing up and sat it on the counter. Online grocery shopping is going to be my new favorite thing when the temperatures drop here.


M & J Trimming. Ever wonder where Calvin Klein and Donna Karen go for supplies? Well it's this place. It's in the fashion district and it's a short walk from where I work. I always wanted to go there but had no reason. But I needed some ribbon to hang a mirror with, so yesterday I went on my lunch break and got some beautiful deep red satin ribbon. Check this place out:


Blick. This website does not do the store justice. I needed an exacto knife for a Pottery Barn inspired photo project I am working on and stopped here on the way home from work. It's in NOHO (North of Houston St. as apposed to SOHO...South) which is a really cool area and let me just tell you. They have the COOLEST art supplies. Tons of canvases. Must go back soon.

Here is what the NY store looks like from the outside.


Also found out our closest grocery store (about 1/3 mi. away) delivers for $2 when you check out. Worth it!

0 comments: