Saturday, September 15, 2007

Adventures with furniture and so on...

Aunt Christine tagged me for a "meme" which I have never heard of in my whole life, but I have chosen to participate:

You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

Players - You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

At the end of your post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.

R - REALLY dumb. I am really dumb because I am about to wheel a dresser half a mile down the street that I am buying from someone on craigslist. Also because I spent my Friday night with my roommate trying to move a couch down two flights of stairs that it does NOT fit through. The results:

Image

This is as far as we got. So what happens when I try to move my dresser upstairs and when my bed gets delivered later to day AND when our brand new BIGGER couch gets delievered tomorrow? Hmm...really dumb.

O - ORGANIZED. Because that is what I am trying to do this weekend, get the apartment organized and really stinkin' cute.

S - SIMPLE. I love the magazine Real Simple.

E - EXCITED to watch Felicity season 3 while I am waiting for my bed to arrive this afternoon. Excited for my bed to actually arrive. Excited to babysit for two little girls tonight on the Upper West Side. To me, this is a fun Saturday.

So Christine, you think you have no blog friends? Well...unfortunately the only blogs I read are yours and Perez Hilton on occasion. Since I don't think I could tag Perez, I'm going to try something different. I want the first four people who read this blog to leave me a comment with your middle name meme. Mom, I really want you to do this because your middle name is ELIZABETH and that is just crazy. Same for Lauren. Tracy would be easy because she's just Beth. Anyway, four people. Leave a comment.

This morning I made a really yummy, healthy breakfast, and I thought I'd share. I used two egg whites, a little milk, and two slices of high fiber flaxseed bread (it's good! I like the nutty flavor) to make french toast (with Pam, not butter). Then I warmed up about a half a cup of blueberries until there was lots of juice and mixed in two packets of splenda. Poured them on top and wa-la. It was sooo good. Do I sound like a health freak? I'm really not. I ate almost everything in the candy dish the other day at work. I think I go back and forth between two extremes as far as healthy goes.

Well mom wants me to blog about my experience with John Denver's brother. Maybe next time...I have to go get the dresser.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth is not really my legal middle name you know. Anyway,

E - Excited it is the weekend.

L - Leave, which I need to do with papers to grade (leave at school)

I - I am happy that my girls are happy.

Z - I am in the zone . . . I don't know.

A - About to celebrate 25 years of marriage.

B - Because I love him.

E - Every time I read your blog it makes me laugh or cry. I love it.

T - Today I am getting new tires!

H - Healthier eating is what I am trying to do. I will try your french toast recipe.

That carpet on the stairs to your apt. is really pretty. Maybe the delivery guys that bring your bed can help move the sofa.
Love, Mom

Christine said...

WHAT? Elizabeth is not your legal middle name?! Oh, the secrets of the family!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany Rose of Texas, I'm enjoying your blog. Sometime when you get a chance can you recommend a few restaurants for a friend of mine that's going to visit? I know that's almost impossible to do in that city, but she's a "foodie" and loves to cook like you so I thought you might know of a couple.

Anonymous said...

COOL! I'm kinda late...

B - Bonjour! 'Cause Richie and I were practicing our French last night!

E - Enjoyed. We enjoyed a great weekend in BV.

T - Tired. I need to go to bed early tonight.

H - Hope. I hope our trip goes well. I hope work calms down this week. I hope I get my house organized sometime this century. I REALLY hope that the rest of Brittany's bed comes in sooner than two weeks!!

Tracy