Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Church on the Q

Today I walked down to Union Square to get a salad for lunch and some groceries from Whole Foods. On the way there I sort of got lost in a prayer for lots of various things and people that were on my heart.

I got my salad, got my eggs, got my lettuce (so I can make my own salads next time). Then I got on the train to go back to work since I'd run out of time to walk back.

And I sat down, and I heard a clear, tenor, soulful voice start singing:

You are Awesome in this place, Mighty God
You are Awesome in this place, Abba Father
You are worthy of all our praise
To You our lives we raise
You are awesome in this place, Mighty God

As usual, people didn't stare. A few people glanced at the man. He didn't look crazy. I started singing along (...under my breath), and closed my eyes and just enjoyed his song.

I had been thinking earlier about the life I live and if it is a testimony to Christ to everyone I meet. I know that some people I have recently met probably have no clue about my faith and it is something I am resolved to change.

I waited for him to walk around and ask for money, change, a smile, a blessing. But he just stood in the same doorway, got off at the next stop which was also mine, humming as he went...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to hug that man. also, i'm glad you're blogging again. i love reading them.