Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Hands

About that list...I've been working on the first one. The music one. I started a song on Feb. 21 inspired by the Africa trip this summer. I've written a few about it but It's still in my heart and I think more music will come from it. I worked on it tonight and thought I'd share what I have so far. It's rough...

Click here to listen.

I will apologize
and I'll take the blame for what I've done
I'll study your fearless face and find
You're hopeless for hiding grace

And I would, I'd be on my knees if not for this
Now I would, I'd give you my hands just for this
That you might use them well

You show me your wounded daughter
You tell me I'm ready to fight for her
Please show me your fearless ways
I find I'm helpless without your grace

I see the pain in her eyes
It gives me strength enough to try

And I would, I'd fall on my knees just for this
And I would, I'd give you my hands just for this
And pray they will not fail

For the sons, for the fathers
For the girls without their mothers
For the hope, for the hope of the world
For the suffering to start ending
For the life that's ever flowing
For the victory I see coming
To the horizon we are running
For the hungry and forgotten
For the lovely and the heartless
There is hope, there is hope for the forsaken
For the sons, for the daughters
Only looking for the fathers
There is hope, hope for the forsaken

I'd give up a million things
But I just keep on livin' selfishly
There are days I know there's more to me

I should be on my knees just for this
And I should, give you my hands...

0 comments: