Monday, February 25, 2008

My Oscar Picks

WORST DRESSED

Bad:

George Clooney with the girl who is simply called, "Sarah." She is a former Fear Factor contestant who met GC when she was his waitress. I am sure she is a very nice girl, but she looks like a twig on a chipping birch tree.

Worse:

It's sort of a funny joke. She's Daniel Day Lewis' wife. She knows she's going to sit on the front row and she might as well wear something ridiculous because she also knows her husband is probably going to win his second Oscar. That's right, the girl with the ugly dress' husband won another Oscar. Whatchu gonna say now?

Absolute Worst:

I just can't see her as anything but the White Witch, even in this black velvet blanket. Her acceptance speech offered her a bit of redemption, though, when she poked fun of George Clooney and his batsuit. Girl has a personality!

BEST DRESSED

Good:

Amy Adams gets major points for singing a song about rodents scrubbing the toilet at the most prestigious event in Hollywood and pulling it off. She rocked this dress! Original color that goes great with her hair, and an awesome cut.

Better:

Heidi knows she's hot. Why is she at the Oscar's? Who knows. But that color (which was very popular and a nice surprise) and the top of that dress? LOVE it.

Best:

I LOVE this dress. And it looks fabulous on her. The fabric is beautiful, the way it catches the light. The cut with the train in the back is like Audrey in Sabrina. And the random sleeves work! She was my favorite of the whole night, for sure.

And now just for kicks, my favorite guy of the night:

Jason Bateman :)



So...what do you guys think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you sound like a fashion critic and it made me laugh. and i think you were definitely right about the ghost in the velvet smock.

Christine said...

You were dead-on, girl! But can we please have a moment of silence for the mistake that was Jennifer Garner?! My hair looks like that when I wake up! And her dress sort of fit...when she wasn't breathing. Breath-in...too tight. Breath-out...perfect fit. I thought her breasts were screaming.

But anyway...great post; wish I'd have had time to chime in.

Alison said...

These are great!! I second everything you said, especially about whatchu gonna say now... Oscar trumps ugly dress.