Sunday, February 17, 2008

"The Lord of Darkness..."

Yesterday marked my six months with NYC. I won't go over the list of things that have changed or the list of things that have stayed the same, for that matter. Overall, things are great and I have no plans to run away in the near future.

But I am a little bit sad, to be honest. New York winter is not what I thought that it would be. WHERE is the SNOW? It snowed once in November and once last week, which was nice, until it rained for about twelve hours the day after. I knew that the rain was coming, so I did my best to enjoy it while it lasted.

The view from our apartment:

I sat by the window and read and drank the first of many, many hot chocolates last week:

And then I finished up with an Audrey Hepburn movie:



So it is still cold and still dark and I am ready for the sun and I can't wait to go to the beach.

But here's hoping I'll see Central Park in the snow sometime soon because I am just not used to thee long, long winters...

Well Kate's family is telling us what to do and that includes putting away my computer. Sorry for the abrupt ending, but it's okay because I think I'm pretty boring right now!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Anything you write is interesting. Especially your mailing address...wow, now that would be one interesting post. And if you write it (to me) you may even get a long lost hat to keep your head warm during your long winter in NY. I'm just sayin'...

Alison said...

I would like a list.

Christine said...

You got snow now!!!