Sunday, November 05, 2006

I am falling.

This is officially the fastest weekend of the semester. I don't know why it was just here, and now it's gone. Also, it was amazing. It consisted of friends, soul food in Harlem, cheap food in China Town, fireworks and fall in full swing. The NYC marathon was today so last night there were fireworks in Central Park and a jazz band was playing...and it felt like 1920.



I walked about 5 or 6 miles today, mostly because I couldn't take my eyes away from things like this:







The strange thing about it is that I kept taking these pictures thinking, "I always look at pictures like this and want so badly to be there." So I had to remind myself how blessed I am. And I had to stop looking through the lense every once in awhile and actually be there, right where I was.

Texas, how could you be so cruel as to deprive us of fall?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man I love your blog, I wanna go back to new york sooo bad and just stay for like 2 weeks. I love you

Anonymous said...

how come you never write in this anymore? Lauren and I check it religiously every day. It's what gets us out of bed and keeps us going to see what Brittany will write in her blog, so please give us a reason to get up every day and write in your blog.

Anonymous said...

I agree! I love fall and the beautiful colors! Oh, and I love you too!